Strategy: Reality & Theory



War zone is just like the squares on the board.
Troops are chess pieces.


Strategy in chess is more or less the same as in the war.


I've lost 5 games (standard) in a row recently. Literally, I'm totally devastated. I've had a good position, openings, but lost to time due to bad mid game strategy - cramped by own pieces.


So, I came across www.chess-game-strategies.com .Try to check it out. It's seems to me like a summary of Seirawan's books. I like it because the blogger (Graham Wadden) had it simplified & made it easier for me to understand rather than read through books.


Moral of the story; whenever cramped on position or territory, I have to squeeze out of it, exchange some pieces to breath some fresh air. Gain space but equalize materials.

No comments: